The Live CD is now based on Xubuntu. At this time the 32 bit (x86) version is based on Xubuntu 14.04.5. The 64 bit (x64) version is based on Xubuntu 18.04.5. Due to the size, the only place I can currently host the files is on Google Drive.

The current format for the download area is that each release has a folder, with each folder being a version of the Live CD and containing the ISO and checksum files. The folders are named by date, such as 2016_07_25. The newest date is the newest release. I am also adding the file size in MB in the name of the ISO files, as google drive seems to not always include the file size. I recommend using the list view which can be selected by an icon in the upper right of the google drive page.

IMPORTANT: It is NOT recommended to install the OS from HDDLiveCD. It has been reported that some things do not work correctly. If you are going to install a Linux OS, please use an official ISO for the distribution, and install HDDSuperClone and other software after the OS installation.

Important note about creating a Live USB from the ISO image:

The base Ubuntu version 14.04 has a known bug when being converted to a live USB. When trying to boot from the USB you will get an error such as "Failed to load com32 file gfxboot.c32", and then be left at a "boot:" prompt. The solution to this is very simple: At the boot: prompt simply type "live" (without the quotes) and hit enter and it will boot as it should. Many live USB creation tools will fix this automatically, but only if they can tell that it is a 14.04 version of Ubuntu. I am now including the main part of the OS name in the name of the ISO. This can help some tools (such as YUMI) to detect the proper version and fix it during creation so you don't have this issue.

Important information about the LiveCD trying to read / fix any filesystems found at boot:

I am adding this as a disclaimer, even though I have never seen it actually happen. It was pointed out to me by someone who presented kernel messages from dmesg that looked like there was some sort of failed fix attempt to a connected drive. Lubuntu, like most all other regular Linux distributions, will try to gather information about the disks that are attached to it. While it is not near as bad as connecting a drive to Windows, it can still attempt to read and possibly attempt to perform some sort of basic fix on an attached drive's filesystem, even though I have turned off automounting. I have tried many methods and have been unsuccessful in turning these other features off. Some rescue distributions may be better at not performing some of the actions, and if so then you could use the manual method of running each of the programs on another LiveCD. The only method that completely prevents drive access by the OS is disabling the drive (called hiding the drive in the program documentation), but that completely hides the device from any user actions. Only the pro version will be able to work with a disabled drive.

Automount is disabled by default.

In addition to HDDSuperClone and HDDSCViewer, the following software is also installed:



























nvme-cli (only 64 bit ISO)