ACTIVATION ISSUE TROUBLSHOOTING:
If you have purchased the paid PRO version, and are having trouble activating it, here are a few things to try.
1) If you are getting an Activation Failed message with the top error code of 0x05000001, please run the following command and then try to activate again.
- sudo mkdir /usr/local/etc
2) Try disabling ipv6. I am not going to get into how to do that, since it could be different depending on your system, but it has been reported to resolve an activation issue.
3) Make sure the time and date on the computer is current. If it is too far out of date, any https requests will fail, which could cause the activation to fail.
4) Try these commands for further direct troubleshooting. The first command will download the home webpage to a file. The webpage should be about 25KB. The second command will attempt to download a text file from the site using http, the file should be 637 bytes. Any errors should appear in the terminal. If you get an error that wget is not found, then that is your problem because wget is required for activation, and you will need to install it.
- wget "http://www.sdcomputingservice.com" -O raw-webpage
- wget "http://www.sdcomputingservice.com/test/activation%20troubleshooting?attredirects=0&d=1" -O test-file